They ran outside in their stocking feet to scream at me as I came in from my car. No jackets, delighted – thrilled!
“Mama! Mama! We got candles and batteries cause the power’s not working! ”
Their little fingers each demonstrated how the light switches weren’t working in each of their bedrooms. The dining table was stocked with our random assortment of batteries, candles, flashlights. My husband had both ice chests in the kitchen, prepping them for backup refrigeration.
So much excitement! Their first power outage!
The oven was on again.
They flung themselves dramatically on their beds, “Nooooooo!”